When the Disney Fantasy departs on her maiden voyage March 31, 2012, the new Disney Cruise Line ship will bring to life many innovative features of the recently launched sister ship Disney Dream. But these siblings are anything but identical twins!
The 4,000-passenger Fantasy will take guests on week-long Caribbean cruises during which distinctive experiences begin with the Art Nouveau-inspired details of the three-deck atrium lobby where the pièce de résistance is a cast bronze statue of Mademoiselle Minnie Mouse dressed in vintage 1920s-30s fashion with a parasol and steamer luggage at her side.
Distinctive touches continue at meal time, show time and party time aboard Disney Fantasy:
- Animator’s Palate, a dinnertime favorite on all the Disney cruise ships, features a brand new show, “Animation Magic,” for which guests do a bit of character doodling or drawing. The climax of the show involves Sorcerer Mickey conjuring the guests’ drawings — fully animated and brought to life — into onscreen action.
- For a fully coiffed entrance to dinner at the new Royal Court Restaurant, appointments can be made for aspiring young princes and princesses, ages 3-12, at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, a popular salon at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort that’s taking to the high seas for the first time with special makeovers: Captain Mickey Mouse, Princess Minnie Mouse and First Mate Minnie Mouse plus Under the Sea packages.
- On pirate party nights, the salon transforms into the Pirate’s League, where swashbuckling boys, girls and grownups can get ready for the pirate life with two pirate packages: First Mate (includes bandana, facial scars tattoos, fake teeth, earring, eye patch, sword and sheath) or Empress (includes bandana, shimmering makeup, face gem, tattoos, nail polish, earring, eye patch, sword and sheath).
- The exclusive live theater production “Disney’s Aladdin — A Musical Spectacular” is staged in the luxurious, 1,340-seat Walt Disney Theatre. In the fast-paced 45-minute musical comedy, Aladdin is back as the “street rat” of Agrabah meeting up with a Genie who grants him three wishes, battling the evil Jafar, and falling in love with Princess Jasmine.
- Guests 18 and older can head off to an evening of club hopping at Europa, a nighttime entertainment district featuring sophisticated bars and trendy lounges inspired by the very best in European travel.