Last year, the Force took to the high seas with the inaugural Star Wars Day at Sea on Disney Cruise Line. This special day-long celebration of the legendary saga returned to the high seas in January and continues to delight guests with select sailings through April. From an enhanced deck party to “Star Wars Rebels” joining the alliance, the Force is stronger than ever onboard the Disney Fantasy in 2017 with the newest additions to the epic day at sea.
- Expanded Nighttime Spectacular: The spectacular deck show, “Summon the Force,” celebrates the 40 Force-filled years of Star Wars featuring new iconic characters: Kylo Ren, Ezra and Sabine! The deck show is bursting with John Williams’ epic score, now including music from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- “Star Wars Rebels” Appearances: “Star Wars Rebels” Sabine and Ezra along with Ahsoka Tano have taken a break from forming their alliance to visit you in an all-new base location. You can find out what the rebellion is up to with showings of “Star Wars Rebels” season three on the upper deck’s Funnel Vision. Then the duel continues with the deadly Jedi hunter, the Seventh Sister joining the Dark Lord himself in “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.”
- Special Guest Speakers: Get a behind-the-scenes look at the Star Wars saga with a special lineup of guest speakers sharing what it’s like to bring the galaxy to life on screen. This year’s speakers include: Hannah Gills, producer for Industrial Light & Magic; Pablo Hidalgo, creative executive for Lucasfilm Story Group and Jason McGatlin, executive producer for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” and “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” among others, on select sailings.
- Out-of-this-galaxy Merchandise: Exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea 2017 sailings is an assortment of intergalactic merchandise including drink ware, pins, apparel and more.
- Stellar Screenings: Experience the first of Star Wars standalone films and the latest installment in the Star Wars universe: “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” at sea.
So get ready to witness the Force first-hand because “this will be a day long remembered.” And don’t forget, as recently announced, Disney Cruise Line will once again take you to a galaxy far, far away on select Disney Fantasy sailings from January to April 2018.