Planning ahead for big holiday events is very important, and New Year’s Eve is right there at the top of the list. This year, if you are looking for a unique experience outside of the theme parks, Disney’s Contemporary Resort is the place to be. But don’t wait to book your Clients, because party bookings are now available!
To ring in 2019, two New Year’s Eve celebrations are available at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration (recommended for families) and Disney Countdown to Midnight, including an option to purchase VIP access to the Ink and Paint Club (recommended for adults without kids). Both celebrations will feature entertainment, music, food and other refreshments, plus a viewing of the New Year’s Eve fireworks at Magic Kingdom® Park to cap off the night. Here’s what else to expect at each party:
Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration (8 p.m.-12:15 a.m.)
This New Year’s Eve, welcome in 2019 with a festive, family-friendly frolic through some childhood joys during Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
Sarge from Pixar Animation Studios’ Toy Story films will welcome Guests as they arrive at the second floor of the resort. Once inside, Guests will discover spaces that have been transformed with scenes from beloved Pixar movies.
Highlights of the evening include:
- Being enveloped in the worlds of various Disney•Pixar films, like “Inside Out,” “The Incredibles,” “Finding Nemo” and “Up,” including meeting some of your favorite characters.
- Kids’ activities, including Boot Camp with Sarge, Pixar Face Painting and a balloon artist creating favorite Pixar characters.
- An interactive DJ spinning Radio Disney hits from his Cars-inspired DJ Rig, complete with tires and road signs right out of Radiator Springs.
- A delicious buffet dinner, including Woody’s Favorite Lemon Thyme Chicken Breast, Wall-E’s Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi, Rex’s Manhattan Filet, Sulley’s Beast White Cheddar Baked Mac & Cheese, build-your-own salad options, desserts, kids’ favorites like chicken fingers and more.
- A viewing of the famous Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Tickets are $190 per person, including tax and gratuity.
Disney Countdown to Midnight (8 p.m.-12:15 a.m.)
This New Year’s Eve, dress up and party during Disney Countdown to Midnight – an evening of dining, dancing and enchantment in the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. You will discover a world sparkling with magic – everything from a Mickey Mouse mirror ball to Disney Character topiaries – as they move and groove to the high-energy New Year’s Bash Band and a live DJ providing music all night long.
Other highlights of the evening include:
- A “cheftainment” station featuring a seasonal menu inspired by some Disney Signature Dining restaurants – with a touch of Disney magic.
- A special appearance by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- At the end of the night, Guests will be invited out to the porte cochère, where they will receive a Champagne flute and welcome 2019 with a viewing of the famous Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Tickets are $275, including tax and gratuity.
Ink and Paint Club experience (7 p.m.-12:15 a.m.)
Offered only as a VIP enhancement to the Disney Countdown to Midnight party and located adjacent to the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, this special reception begins prior to the opening of the main event. At the Ink and Paint Club, Guests will step back in time into a vintage Disney Animation-inspired room with silver Chiavari chairs, metallic tables and references to classic Disney Animation filling the room. Ticketed Guests can visit the lounge throughout the evening, starting with a featured reception from 7-8 p.m.
Highlights of this special reception include:
- Photo opportunities with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse with a unique Disney Animation backdrop.
- A pianist providing live entertainment.
- Chef stations featuring king crab, tuna tartare, sheep’s milk ricotta gnocchi, cocktails, Champagne, cordials and more – all included with admission.
- Reserved seating in the Disney Countdown to Midnight Party when it opens at 8 p.m.
Disney Ink & Paint Club is only available as a part of an enhanced ticket that includes access to both the Disney Countdown to Midnight and the Ink & Paint Club for $450 total per guest. Access to Ink & Paint Club must be purchased concurrently with the Disney Countdown to Midnight ticket and cannot be added on at a later date.