The amazing thing about the Universal Orlando Resort is that there is truly something for everyone from children, to families, to couples! Universal Orlando is the perfect backdrop for date night! Here are 6 date ideas perfect for couples visiting Universal Orlando!
1. Forever Young!
You and your significant other can enjoy letting loose and embracing your inner-kids at Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone! We are all kids at heart so this can be such a fun date night idea!
- Reconnect with your childhood favorites (like Barney and SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Ride the rides
- Watch the delightful Animal Actors on Location!
- Check out Curious George Goes To Town and other play areas
One of our favorites spots has to be Curious George Goes To Town! The front section of this play area is a water playground and the back section is the Man in the Big Yellow Hat’s Ball Factory. Here you and your partner can challenge each other by throwing and blasting soft foam balls at each other! This date will definitely give you nostalgia and is sure to bring out the silly side of your relationship!
2. Old Hollywood!
Get ready to step back in time into the glitz and glamour of old Hollywood! Feel like an A-List couple as you enjoy the Hollywood portion of Universal Studios Florida together. Explore the streets and experience these fun activities during your vintage date night:
- Cuddle up at Universal Orlando’s Horror Make-Up Show
- Enjoy a meal at Mel’s Drive-In
- Take photos with some classic 50’s characters
- Grab ice cream sundaes at Schwab’s Pharmacy
- Browse the shops
3. Mystical Date!
If you and your date are into horoscopes and Greek mythology then you are sure to enjoy a date night in the Lost Continent in Islands of Adventure:
- Discover what is written in your stars at Star Souls – Psychic Reading
- Visit Mythical Medals and get matching, custom-made coin medallions
- Enjoy an incredible dinner at the award-winning Mythos Restaurant
- Explore the ancient temple ruins at Poseidon’s Fury
A fun hidden-gem in this section of the park is the Mystic Fountain! When awakened, the Mystic Fountain will talk and joke around with you! Make a wish together and toss a coin in this fountain, but be careful because you might get splashed by this playful fountain!
4. Bay and Night!
Are you and your special someone looking for an exciting overnight getaway?! Universal has you covered – their “Bays” are sure to wow your bae! Plan a stay at Cabana Bay. Have your Kingdom Magic Vacations Travel Planner request a room with a view overlooking Volcano Bay! Here’s a fun list of things to do!
- Go bowling at Galaxy Bowl or enjoy the Game-O-Rama arcade! Both are located right inside the hotel!
- Get some beauty sleep in this awesome resort!
- Rise, shine and enjoy a romantic walk to Volcano Bay right from your hotel!
- Chill, thrill or both – couple’s choice!
If you really want to go all out, book premium seating or a private cabana at Volcano Bay! With shaded reserved space, food and beverage service, and comfortable places to cuddle up, you and your bae will absolutely love this amazing water theme park!
5. Night Above the Town
Every couple loves a good night on the town, but you know what’s even better? A night above the town! That’s exactly what you can look forward to at Aventura Hotel’s Bar 17 Bistro! This incredible location can be found on the rooftop, 17 stories up! From Bar 17 Bistro you and your significant other can take in amazing views of the Universal Resort as well as the greater Orlando area. This is also a great spot for a double date!
- Put on your date night finest and grab your favorite couple friends
- Grab one of the comfy outdoor couches
- Order some incredible food and drinks
- Visit Aventura’s Virtual Reality Game Room for some friendly competition
- Dance the night away thanks to the live DJ
- End with the “Almost Sangria” – the perfect date nightcap
6. Classic with a Twist
At Universal’s CityWalk, you have a plethora of classic date night options all in one place: dinner, movies, mini golf, karaoke, dancing, dueling pianos, clubs and more! The list of options goes on and on! But if you are looking for an added twist, check out Blue Man Group! Grab dinner, see the show, then add any (or all) of the following for an incredible night of entertainment and a super fun date night:
- Enjoy a friendly competition with some mini golf
- Sign your date up for karaoke at Rising Star
- Grab a drink at Fat Tuesday
- Sing along with the entertainment at Pat O’Brien’s
- Watch a movie at Universal Cinemark
We hope these ideas have inspired your next Universal Orlando date night! Contact your Kingdom Magic Vacations Travel Planner today to plan your next trip to the Universal Orlando Resort or to any destination that you are dreaming of traveling next!