Thirteen former chef’testants of Bravo’s Emmy® Award-winning series “Top Chef” will set sail on four exclusive Celebrity Cruises vacations beginning in July 2014 as part of the “Top Chef at Sea” experience.
The Celebrity Cruises and Bravo partnership gives fans the opportunity to vacation with their favorite ”Top Chef” alums and experience their dishes, including complimentary cooking demonstrations, interactive Quickfire Challenges and other activities. For a more exclusive experience, guests can choose to enjoy private cooking classes and events hosted by the chef’testants.
On July 27, guests can set sail onboard Celebrity Summit to the charming and colorful island of Bermuda for seven nights with three culinary experts:
- Spike Mendelsohn: Top Chef Chicago and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Co-owner and Chef at Béarnaise, We, The Pizza and Good Stuff Eatery in Washington, D.C.
- Ash Fulk: Top Chef Las Vegas contestant; Chef de Cuisine at Hill Country Barbecue Market in Brooklyn
- Angelo Sosa: Top Chef D.C. and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Chef and Owner of Añejo in NYC and Poppy Den in Las Vegas
Those looking to experience a luxurious outdoor adventure can vacation onboard Celebrity Solstice, beginning August 15, for a seven-night journey to Alaska with four of their favorite chef’testants:
- Paul Qui: Top Chef Texas winner; Chef/Owner of Qui and East Side King in Austin
- Tiffani Faison: Top Chef Season 1 runner-up and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Chef/Owner of Sweet Cheeks Q in Boston
- Brooke Williamson: Top Chef Seattle runner-up; Co-Executive Chef and Co-Owner of Hudson House, The Tripel and Playa Provisions in California
- Nina Compton: Top Chef New Orleans runner-up and Fan Favorite winner; Chef de Cuisine for Scarpetta Miami at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel
On September 19, vacationers can set their sights on the most romantic cities in Europe on the ‘France & Iberian Discovery Cruise.’ Guests can wine and dine in modern luxury style for 12 nights onboard Celebrity Infinity with chefs including:
- Chris Crary: Top Chef Texas contestant and Fan Favorite winner
- Kristen Kish: Top Chef Seattle winner
- *Additional chef to be added.
Guests can escape to warmer weather onboard Celebrity Reflection as it sails on November 15 to the Caribbean for a seven-night escape in paradise with four chef’testants:
- Hosea Rosenberg: Top Chef Season 5 winner; Owner of Blackbelly Market (opening summer ’14), Blackbelly Catering & Events and Blackbelly Farm
- Casey Thompson: Top Chef Season 3 and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Chef of Aveline and The European in San Francisco
- Tiffany Derry: Top Chef D.C. and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Owner of TD Concepts
- Shirley Chung: Top Chef New Orleans contestant; Chef/Owner of Chung Lee Consulting
In addition to the four exclusive cruises featuring “Top Chef” chef’testants, Quickfire Challenges and “Top Chef”-inspired menu evenings will be available onboard all Celebrity Cruises ships, with the exception of Celebrity Xpedition, for all sailings departing July 2014 – June 2015.
Recognized for its industry-leading dining experiences, Celebrity Cruises has been applauded for its signature, award-winning cuisine and impeccable service across its luxurious fleet. From cooking exclusive dinners at the prestigious James Beard House in New York City to launching the cruise industry’s first pop-up restaurants in New York and San Francisco, “Top Chef at Sea” is the next step in embarking guests on a rich vacation experience of endless culinary possibilities.