TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site*, announced the winners of its 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards for Hotels for Families. This year’s awards recognize a total of 231 family-friendly properties, and top accommodations were identified in 26 regions and countries across the globe, including dedicated lists for Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, Caribbean, China, Europe, Japan, Mexico, Middle East, South America, South Pacific, and the U.S.
Award winners were determined based on the hotels most highly rated by those who traveled with family. Unlike any other hotel honors, TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice winners are based on millions of valuable reviews and opinions collected in a single year from travelers around the world.
“For those planning family trips this year, these lists highlight hotels around the world that family travelers love most,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. “Wherever you’re thinking of traveling, the lists provide inspiration for places to stay in popular family spots as well as lesser-known but similarly appealing family-friendly destinations.”
Top 10 U.S. Hotels for Families:
- Floridays Resort, Orlando, Florida
- Woodloch Pines Resort, Hawley, Pennsylvania
- WorldQuest Orlando Resort, Orlando, Florida
- West Inn and Suites Carlsbad, Carlsbad, California
- Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, North Conway, New Hampshire
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Orlando, Florida
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Orlando, Orlando, Florida
- Village at Indian Point, Branson, Missouri
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, Orlando, Florida
- Marriott’s Harbour Lake, Orlando, Florida