Epcot’s premier food and wine event happens once a year from September 29 – November 11 and is one of our favorite events at Walt Disney World. It can also be a little overwhelming.
With 29 booths of food and beverages from all over the world, plus Epcot itself, it can be hard to know how to even start enjoying the festivities. Here are 5 simple tips to help you get the most out of this year’s festival:
1. Take Your Time and Enjoy – Resign yourself to the fact that you cannot see and taste everything in one day. It’s just not possible, nor would it be very enjoyable. We suggest that you SLOW DOWN and take it in leisurely. Start off at the Festival Welcome Center, the cast members there will be able to give you all the information that you need and help you get acclimated and it is a great way to start your day!
2. Stay On Budget – With so many opportunities to try new tastes from all over the world, it is easy to forget how much you spend from marketplace to marketplace. And believe us, the worst thing is getting home from vacation and getting a seriously high credit card bill! One of the things Disney does to help is the Food and Wine Festival gift card that you can wear on your wrist. It’s small and is a GREAT way to budget how much money you spend at the festival. You can load it up at any of the stores at Epcot, and after each purchase you can see how much is left on the card and you can stay on budget.
3. Drink Lots of Water – It may be cooler in many parts of the United States, but in Florida, it’s still pretty hot, and after you’ve walked around the park all day and start to eat and drink your way around World Showcase, you may find that you no longer feel well. Drinking lots of water can help keep you hydrated and also protect you from any unnecessary visits to the First Aid station.
4. Share – The food and beverage items at the Festival are not meant to be meals in themselves, but samples of tastes from around the world. It’s a good idea to share the food items you get to maximize the different flavors you can try as well and stretch your dollar…both will help you have a much more enjoyable Food and Wine experience!
5. Call a Cab or Use Disney Transportation – Let’s be honest, sometimes we overdo it. And if you enjoy a few too many adult beverages during the festival, driving is the one thing you DO NOT want to do at Disney. It’s not safe for you, for guests, and you may create the type of memories you do not want to have at Walt Disney World.
Disney Transportation is always available if you are staying on property, but if you are off property, the best advice is to call a cab. Using a cab FROM your resort also means that you don’t have to worry about your car at the end of the night. We want you to have a great time and enjoy yourself, but we also want to keep you safe!
Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival can be a little overwhelming, but using these tips and a little common sense will help you have a great time, make some incredible memories, hopefully make you want to come back next year!