On a Disney Cruise Line vacation, teens and tweens have places created just for them to gather and kick back. Vibe (ages 14 to 17) and Edge (ages 11 to 13) are ultra cool teen- and tween-only hangouts.
The areas are the perfect chill-out spots with comfy couches, computer games, plasma-screen TVs, MP3 players and other chill-out necessities. These trendy and tranquil areas offer an elite getaway for teens and tweens to set their own vacation agenda – whether socializing with new friends, playing the latest video games, experiencing cutting-edge technology or just chilling out.
At Vibe on the Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream, teens have their own private deck area outside – a mod space for fun in the sun without ever leaving the teen club.
Teens and tweens get the “download” about what is offered just for them during their vacation during The Download event that kicks off all cruises on the very first night. Here, they select activities for their cruise and customize their entertainment itinerary. They also try out the onboard intranet – a blog spot exclusively for teens and tweens on the cruise, where they can view and post videos and photos, and leave messages for their onboard friends.
Organized activities such as dance parties, trivia games and sports contests keep teens and tweens engaged and entertained:
- During Brains and Brawn (Disney Magic, Disney Wonder), teams embark on a ship-wide adventure – competing to solve clues and complete challenges – that leads them to a final prize.
- H2O Splashdown (Disney Magic, Disney Wonder) is a wet and wild pool party with games and races.
- Shooting Stars (Disney Magic, Disney Wonder) may uncover a budding film star or director as teams – complete with costumers, camera operators, a director, actors and actresses – work together to produce a movie. The finished films get an onboard screening.
- Ghost Voyagers (Disney Fantasy, Disney Dream) – On a particular night, the ship is passing through mysterious waters of history and legend where several strange occurrences have happened. Equipped with state-of-the-art ghost hunting gear, teens and tweens find out if the spooky phenomena are real or imagined.
- Zombified (Disney Fantasy, Disney Dream) – A big shot film producer is putting the final touches on his blockbuster zombie movie. Teens pitch in by performing as zombies and are rewarded with Hollywood-style premiere party and a copy of the movie trailer.
- That’s Hilarious (Disney Fantasy, Disney Dream) – With the help of special effects, costumes and camera tricks, tweens create and perform in a live comedy sketch show for guests on the ship.
- During The Wild Side – an excursion just for teens on Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay – participants snorkel, bike and kayak to solve one of the island’s best-kept secrets.
- In Whatever Floats Your Boat, teams design, build and race rafts in a lagoon at Castaway Cay. The first one to shore in one piece wins!
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, Click Here.