Going on vacation to Universal Orlando Resort can be fun, but there is also a lot to keep track of. To help cut back the stress and amp up the fun, we’ve compiled some of our top family travel tips.
1. Download the FREE Official Universal Orlando Resort mobile app: This app will help you navigate both theme parks, check attraction wait times, parade show times and more.
2. Know before you go: Check out our online Vacation Planner. You can completely customize your vacation and access experiential videos, travel tips, sample itineraries, vacation packages and more.
3. Get Park-to-Park Tickets: The best way to experience all the excitement is with a multi-day, park-to-park ticket. The more days you add, the more you save.
4. Go Against The Flow: If you arrive early to the parks, start in the back and work your way to the front to avoid the morning traffic jams at attractions closest to the entrance of the parks.
5. Stay On-Site: When you stay at one of our four on-site hotels, you’ll be within walking distance to both theme parks and Universal CityWalk. Plus, you’ll get special exclusive benefits including early-park admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour before the theme park opens, poolside movies and more.
6. Skip The Regular Lines: If you add Universal Express to your ticket, you can bypass regular lines atparticipating rides and attractions in both theme parks. And if you stay on-site at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort or Hard Rock Hotel, you’ll receive complimentary Universal Express access for the duration of your stay.
7. Start early at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: If you are a Harry Potter fan, come to the park when it opens and head to either The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley (at Universal Studios) or The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade (at Universal’s Islands of Adventure) first.
The lines tend to get longer as the day goes on. Once you have had a chance to experience one of the lands, you can then journey to the other on the Hogwarts Express (with park-to-park admission).
8. Use Child Swap: If your kids are too small or unwilling to go on a particular ride you want to experience, take advantage of our “child swap” program. Each ride and attraction has a Child Swap area where one member of your party can wait with the kids while the rest of your party rides. Once you’re off the ride, swap places and whoever stayed with the kids hops to the front of the line.
9. Simplify Meals with the Universal Dining Plan: You can pre-purchase one of four dining options at a great value and take the stress away from planning out your family meals. Once you’ve purchased a dining plan, all you have to do is select a venue at the theme parks or Universal CityWalk, present your dining plan card for payment and enjoy! Reservations for full service dining locations are recommended.
10. Stay Cool: Beat the heat on exciting water rides and water play areas. From Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls to Jurassic Park River Adventure to water-filled fun in Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone, we make cooling off a fun adventure of its own.
What are some your favorite family travel tips?